Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Homeowners Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Homeowners Insurance Information
Because everyone's needs are not the same, it is best to consult your agent to help assess your needs and find the insurance policy that is right for you.
What is Homeowners insurance?
Homeowners insurance provides financial protection against disasters. A standard policy insures the house itself as well as the contents inside.
Homeowners insurance is a package policy. This means that it covers both damage to your property and your liability or legal responsibility for any injuries and property damage you or members of your family cause to other people.
Damage caused by most disasters is covered but there are exceptions. The most significant are damage caused by floods, earthquakes and poor maintenance (check out 8 Spring Home Maintenance Tips that could Save You Money). You must buy two separate policies for flood insurance and earthquake coverage.
Maintenance-related problems are the homeowners' responsibility. In Florida, sinkhole coverage is supplied only in the event of a catastrophic loss. It does not include cost to find out if a sinkhole exists unless that endorsement is added to the policy.
Why do you need homeowners insurance?
It is really all about protecting yourself financially if something unexpected happens to your home or possessions. That's important because chances are your home is likely one of your largest investments.
- If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you'd need money to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
- If you are a victim of theft and vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs.
- If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance.
It is important to know that homeowners insurance is meant to cover unexpected damage, not routine maintenance. Ask your agent to talk about what is covered and be sure to read your policy so you know exactly what's included and what is not.
Things to consider and questions to ask your agent
Here are few things to discuss with your agent that will influence your decisions.
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed? (Ask your agent to talk you through your home's features and the things you own so you can make an informed decision about coverage.)
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about multiple policy, security system and fire resistance discounts.)
- What's the process for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
Thank you for your interest in Walden Insurance Network, Inc. To begin your quote request, use our quick and easy quote form. If you would like to talk to an insurance agent, please call our office at 727-848-2722 or email your questions and an insurance professional will reply promptly.
Proudly Serving: Port Richey, Tampa, Tampa Bay, Trinity, New Port Richey, Lutz, Land O'Lakes, Wesley Chapel, Brooksville, Springhill, Ft. Myers, St. Leo, Zephyrhills, Dade City, Tarpon Springs, Palm Harbor, Crystal River, Homossassa Springs, East Pasco County, West Pasco County
The above description provides a brief overview of the terms and phrases used within the insurance industry. These definitions are not applicable in all states or for all insurance and financial products. This is not an insurance contract. Other terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Please read your official policy for full details about coverages. These definitions do not alter or modify the terms of any insurance contract. In there is any conflict between these definitions and the provisions of the applicable insurance policy, the terms of the policy control.